[Poweredgec-tools] C6100 and IPMI/DRAC hang ups

Geoff Galitz ggalitz at shutterstock.com
Wed Sep 18 01:06:27 CDT 2013

Hi.

We regularly run into situations where the out-of-band management functions
get hung up.  I haven't seen anything in the logs and so far the only
reliable way to resolve it so far is a complete chassis reboot.  Anyone
have an idea where to start looking to resolve this?  We are running
various versions of Centos 6.x.

One item of interest, we use puppet to manage these nodes and we have a
manifest which checks and if necessary resets the IP and auth data on the
DRAC every hour.

Thanks.
-G

Geoff Galitz, ggalitz at shutterstock.com