[Poweredgec-tools] C6220 / SAS 2008 / JBOD and BIOS issues

Eric Raymond eric.raymond at flurry.com
Mon Sep 16 12:23:41 CDT 2013

I seem to keep running into issues with SAS iR controllers when configured
for JBOD.  /dev/sdc and sda are flipped, not consistently, and causes
issues with grub being loaded from the correct drive.  I have tried a
variety of configurations to help work around this issue, using the
sas2ircu bootencl and altbootencl, but doesnt seem to help.  I have changed
our kickstarts to use driveordering for the mbr, and even tried to just
install grub on every disk, but to no avail.

Is there a way to make this consistent in the BIOS or using the utilities?

Thanks,

Eric