[Poweredgec-tools] C6145 setupbios utility

Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com
Thu Sep 12 10:53:04 CDT 2013

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Let me offer what might be a quick fix/way for you to patch until I can test this and push this out more generally:

Take a look at the "bios_settings.c6145" file.  It will likely be in /opt/dell/pec .. it contains a map that tells setupbios how to work.

I'm assuming BIOS 3.2.0 for this.  I notice that there is a setting "cpb_mode" {disabled, auto}.  That is the same definition as the more modern "turbo core".  Maybe it's an old/improper name?  If you set that to "auto" you may get what you want.

More correct solution:

Comment out the "cpb_mode" line.

Add these lines to the bottom:

hpc_p_state_mode, disabled, 50b0:disabled, 50b1:enabled
turbo_core, enabled, 50a6:disabled, 50a7:enabled
memory_freq, auto, 50a8:auto, 50a9:800mhz, 50aa:1066mhz, 50ab:1333mhz, 50ac:1600mhz

*I haven't checked these; just pulled them from a spec*.  Please bear with me.  Providing to you this way in the interest of getting you up and running quickly.  Typos and such might cause setupbios to complain, as would tokens (the 4 digit hex) that are already defined.

Michael Stumpf
System Management & Tools
Dell | PowerEdge C