[Poweredgec-tools] Ipmi command on C6220

Adam Hough Adam.Hough at pgs.com
Fri Sep 6 07:50:14 CDT 2013

I am in the process of upgrading the firmware on some of our C6220 systems using the ipmiflash utility.
I have several systems that have hung during the "Validating Image" in that it will never exit that stage of the flash.  I can kill the update script but leaves the ipmi interface in "update mode".  The only way I know how to get it out of this sate it to reseat the sled in the chassis to reboot the ipmi controller as in this state the ipmi controller ignores any reset commands (which is the correct action to prevent bad stuff during the actually flash).

Is there a raw ipmi command I can send to get it out of the "update mode"?

Adam Hough
Senior Computer Systems Engineer, NSA
Global Compute Resources
Petroleum Geo-Services                Tel:      +1 281 509 8000
PGS Houston Mega Center            Mobile: +1 281 796 6689
5150 Westway Park Boulevard      DDI:     +1 281 509 8521
Suite 120, Houston, Texas, 77041 Fax:     +1 281 509 8083
United States of America              VOIP:   7011 8521
Email: adam.hough at pgs.com       Web:    www.pgs.com

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.