[Linux-PowerEdge] RHEL 8.x dell-system-update RPM should include libssh2

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Mon Mar 30 04:47:31 CDT 2020

Le 23/02/2020 à 01:56, Spike.White at dell.com a écrit :
> This Bugzilla reports claims:
>
> 	libssh2 is removed from RHEL-8, see  bug #1513312 for details.  The package has actually never been supported in RHEL-8 beyond the virt module.
>
> That is not quite true.  It is available in RHEL8.1, in the AppStream8.latest RHN channel.
>
> $ yum list libssh2
> Last metadata expiration check: 1 day, 8:22:57 ago on Fri 21 Feb 2020 10:27:24 AM CST.
> Installed Packages
> libssh2.x86_64                                                         1.8.0-8.module+el8.0.0+5339+ebcc8ca7.1                                                          @AppStream8.latest-patch
> $
>
> It is true however, that it's not in the base RHEL8 or AppStream8  yum repos that come with base RHEL 8.1.
>
> It is pretty trivial to install it on RHEL 8.0 and 8.1.
>     1. Define the yum repo definition file for AppStream8.latest.
>     2. yum install libssh2.
>
> So if the (RHEL8 version of) dell-system-update RPM requires it, it should list it as an RPM dependency.
>
> Spike

There is now an libssh2 build for EPEL 8:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-3681ce7474

It is currently in epel-testing repo, please give karma to move it
faster to epel stable.

About dell-system-update RPM missing dependencies, it should also
require libnsl.
So it's missing :
Requires: libssh2
Requires: libnsl

Actually, while the above dependencies should fix the run-time issue, if
the rpm was built properly, such dependencies should be automagically
detected by rpm and the proper requires would be added w/o manually
adding anything to the specfile:
libssh2.so.1()(64bit)
libnsl.so.1()(64bit)

At least, those are the 2 missing libs I encountered on my particular
install. But it's possibly missing much more than that.

Compare the output of:
ldd /usr/sbin/dsu
and:
rpm -q --requires dell-system-update

A nice addition to the dell-system-update RPM requires though would be
the 32 bits deps needed by some of the DUP packages. Or even better,
they should be added in the DUP packages that need them.

Regards,
Xavier