[Linux-PowerEdge] Bios editing from command line

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 20 10:46:05 CDT 2020

I am not too sure about openmanage. But you can do some things via ipmi.
Here is a code segment I use in a script to set the BIOS to reboot via PXE:

modprobe ipmi_devintf
     modprobe ipmi_si
     ipmitool chassis bootdev pxe

We have a cluster of Poweredge R430 machines we use for research and I
can reinstall the operating system on them by wiping the disk and
running the above commands. Then it boots into an install that uses a
kickstart file.

My understanding is that even under the best of circumstances, ipmi is
rather limited and this was part of the motivation for the invention of
EUFI.