[Linux-PowerEdge] Latest DSU - Not updating CPLD or PS firmware.

James_Hardee at Dell.com James_Hardee at Dell.com
Thu Mar 12 13:43:36 CDT 2020

Dell Customer Communication - Confidential

Hello Klaas,

Sorry about the late response.

I wouldn’t update the CPLD unless you have been directed by support to do so, or you notice there is a fix in the release notes that are applicable to an issue you may be facing.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists <linux-poweredge-bounces at lists.us.dell.com> On Behalf Of klaasdemter at gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:54 AM
To: Hardee, James; S, Muniswamy Setty_K; Schnitzlein, Rob; Gore, Santosh; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Latest DSU - Not updating CPLD or PS firmware.

Hi,
so is it recommended that I update it on all my Dell Servers or not? :)  From a customer point of view: If you want me to update CPLD regularly I would expect it to show up in the default yum repo and I would expect DSU to be able to handle the CPLD updates properly (ie not applying them with other updates). Otherwise this means I have to do a lot of manual work or write my own dsu replacement....

Greetings
Klaas