[Linux-PowerEdge] Integrated dual SD card module

Stefan M. Radman smr at kmi.com
Sat Nov 23 11:55:48 CST 2019

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Recently I updated the firmware on an R630 through the life cycle controller, including the firmware of the IDSDM.

Since the update, the SD cards no longer show up as a boot option and the host no longer boots the ESXi installed on them.

The server firmware is fully up to date, the iDRAC show the IDSDM firmware version (1.7) and two healthy SD cards but the host does not see them on the bus.

BIOS 2.10.5
iDRAC & LCC 2.70.70.70
IDSDM 1.7

I have already tried re-installing the IDSDM firmware (through LCC) but that didn't help.
DSU shows the IDSDM in the inventory but Dell support live image does not show any USB storage.

Does anyone have a hint for me?

Thanks

Stefan