[Linux-PowerEdge] BIOS update fails on Dell PowerEdge R720xd

Stephen Dowdy sdowdy at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 7 22:15:35 CST 2019

On 11/7/19 6:35 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'unsigned char'

We had this recently here.  using an interim BIOS (a few revs back) showed a much more useful error message:

      System Services is disabled

Can you re-boot the system to see if that's the case?

I dunno if there's a way to programmatically re-enable System-Services when the system is running (perhaps through the iDRAC)

--stephen