[Linux-PowerEdge] Help - How do I convert a single path boot from SAN system to multipath?

David Harding David.Harding at brighthouse.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 05:12:34 CST 2019

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Adao,

You might be able to do something clever with LVM Mirroring; ie. mirror your root VG logical volumes to a multipath device, then un-mirror them from the single-path device.
Not sure what you do with /boot, though, should work to copy the partition..
You’ll need to make the appropriate configuration changes as well (/etc/fstab for instance).
You might also need to do something with multipath and the initial RAM Disk to make sure that the boot and root partitions/volumes can be recognised and understood at boot time, as well.

To be fair, though, this doesn’t sound like a Poweredge-specific issue, and you should probably engage your OS vendor support organisation for this.

Cheers,
dave