[Linux-PowerEdge] running dsu inside of a live image

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Dec 30 11:00:26 CST 2019

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Hello,

We have been struggling to use the baseboard management controller to do firmware updates on servers as different DRAC versions have different capabilities and its also pretty slow.

We really like using dsu to do updates so we are trying to create a live image that basically just runs DSU and then turns the server off.

The issue I am running into is that dsu seems to be writing data to the / partition and since this is a live image the filesystem goes read-only after it writes about 300MB to the filesystem.

Is there a way to make DSU only use /tmp or any other ramdisk based partition when it runs?

Thanks,
-Drew