[Linux-PowerEdge] Dell Repository Manger (DRM 3.0)

R S rene.shuster at bcsemail.org
Wed Mar 21 09:09:55 CDT 2018

Difference is that DRM doesn't need to be installed and maintained on the
servers. You only install it on your management desktop/laptop.
With DRM you create your own repo of FW udpdates, and put it on a network
share. It also lets you build a bootable ISO[1] that auto-applies all FW
that you added, something that DSU couldn't do until recently (their latest
release actually). This is great as I only need one medium to cover all my
server models, plus I can add FW updates that will not show up in the
LifeCycle Controller Update screen like PSU or HDD/SSD updates or the Dual
SD Card Module. With relatively few FW updates you can cover a lot of
servers as some updates apply to all servers in one generation (e.g. Intel
NIC, QLogic/Broadcom HBAs; see [*1*]).

[*1*] overview of shared FW: https://dell.app.box.com/
v/BootableReleaseNotes/file/282625777104