[Linux-PowerEdge] uefi boot order changing

Stijn De Weirdt stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be
Fri Mar 16 10:53:34 CDT 2018

hi elie,

> Hi stijn,
> According to our BIOS experts, per industry spec, the OS installer puts the newly created OS entry at the top. Can you confirm that you installed the OS on the disk that became the first boot device?
yes.

the annoying thing is that this also happens during reinstallations.

i can understand that this is the default behaviour, as it makes sense;
but is there a way to always keep pxe boot at the top (ie do what the
admin configured: pxe boot first, disk boot second)?

if not, let me put on my "legacy bios forever" tshirt again...

it is really really annoying that this gets reset

Also are you using a RAID controller?
yes and no, we see it in both cases.