[Linux-PowerEdge] R740 with QLogic QL41162HMRJ on RHEL7

klaasdemter at gmail.com klaasdemter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 09:00:09 CDT 2018

I was engaged off list by a Dell employee, the DCB/LLDP issue seems to be than one thing.

This is so we have public record of the workaround:

press F10 at boot to go to lifecycle controller ==> "system setup"  ==> "devices settings"
Change DCB Settings of each network adapter to "Disabled" (Factory default "Dynamic").

The issue seems to be 2 parts:
* Dynamic mode is not properly working with rhel7.5, that causes the problem with DCB not activating properly
* setting it to CEE fixes the AckNo rising and DCB is activating but it still seems to create the spam messages with the cisco router

Greetings
Klaas