[Linux-PowerEdge] 13th gen server stuck in cpu reset loop with new chips (PSU issue?)

R S rene.shuster at bcsemail.org
Thu Jul 12 07:24:46 CDT 2018

Thanks for sharing your latest findings. Would you mind sharing where you
found the 'list of T430 options'. I'd like to verify CPU upgrade options
for R720s, but having a hard time to find a list of supported CPUs.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:40 PM, <vincent at cojot.name> wrote:

> Quick follow-up about this subject:
>
> While the E5-2658 V4 chips might actually work very fine in a T430 (105W
> chips, etc..), because they aren't on the list of T430 options, the cpus
> would make my server not 'fully' supportable (it's still under warranty
> until 2020).
>
> So I droppped the ball and went for a pair of E5-2650 V4 chips..
>
> Regards,
>
> Vincent
>

> On Sun, 8 Jul 2018, vincent at cojot.name wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>> Does anyone know if a pair of E5-2658 v4 chips (105W) might be compatible
>> with a Dell PE T430 ?
>> I don't see these chips listed for the T430 but I suspect this may be
>> because they were released after the last update of the server specs.
>> Anyone reason why they woupdn't work?
>> Otherwise I would go for a 2640-V4 but it onky has 10 cores..
>> Thanks for additionnal insights,
>> Regards,
>>
>> Vincent

Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group
ComicSans Awareness Campaign <http://comicsanscriminal.com>