[Linux-PowerEdge] Ubuntu dsu catalog doesn't work with rack 7910

Ray_Hebert at Dell.com Ray_Hebert at Dell.com
Tue Oct 24 08:09:02 CDT 2017

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Hi Gera,

I will pass your request over to the Dell Client platform team that is the owner of the Precision Workstation R7910.

Ray

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Prasun Gera
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:39 AM
To: K, Sashi <Sashi_K at Dell.com>
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Ubuntu dsu catalog doesn't work with rack 7910

Hi Sashi,
Since R7910 is supported on RHEL, can support be added for Ubuntu ? As I said, the dsu tool itself works on ubuntu if I pass the complete catalog file from Dell's ftp site manually. Is there any downside to doing this ? Also, rack 7910 looks largely similar to R730 from what I can tell, and R730 seems to be supported on Ubuntu. It's very inconvenient to switch to RHEL/Centos just for updating firmware.