[Linux-PowerEdge] do we have a tool to flash hdd firmware

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 05:19:18 CDT 2017

hi fellas

Seagate's dl_sea_fw-0.2.3_32 fails and sg_write_buffer too
is unsuccessful when I try to flash ST32000444SS(in external
enclosure, jbod) connected to just a HBA 12Gbps.
So I wonder if there is any tool Dell's linux offer, would
you know?

Also, I wonder naturally if you had any thoughts why it
fails. My one thought is: would it matter that enclosure is
connected to multiple hosts when I try to flash..

thank, L.