[Linux-PowerEdge] Equallogic thinks iscsi target is full

Robert Jacobson teridon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:40:25 CDT 2017

This is a .. quirk .. in how ESXi and Equallogic interact.  Basically, you
can ignore what the Equallogic is telling you about used space; just rely on
ESXi to report how much is used.

If you want, you can try to reclaim the unused space manually from ESXi.
However, you CANNOT do this if you're doing any kind of Equallogic
replication -- at least, not without turning off replication, deleting all
of your replicas, and enabling replication again.

"Simply, the array is Block level storage, and as such it cannot
differentiate between a write and a delete, they all are the same to the
array"
 -- http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/storage/f/3775/t/19499410

See also:

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docType