[Linux-PowerEdge] DSU fails again...

Rene Shuster rene.shuster at bcsemail.org
Wed Aug 2 05:38:51 CDT 2017

The iDRAC Service Module is not firmware. It's an optional application.
Consider the pros and cons of adding additional software to your servers
before installing (increased attack surface vs. added features/insight
through iSM).

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 6:07 AM, Stephen Berg (Contractor) <
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil> wrote:

> Anyone else seeing this?  R730xd running SciLinux 7.3, ran DSU, I see
> the following (trimmed the output to save space):
> -------------------
> Fetching invcol_M18HC_LN64_17.06.000.1171_A00 ...
>
> [ ]8 OpenManage | iDRAC Service Module
> Current Version : 0 Upgrade to : 2.5
>
> Fetching Systems-Management_Application_DT30R_LN64_2.5_A00 ...
> Installing Systems-Management_Application_DT30R_LN64_2.5_A00
> OpenManage || iDRAC Service Module
>
> No version of this Update Package is currently installed.
> Software application name: OpenManage | iDRAC Service Module
> Package version: 2.5
>
> Executing update...
> WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL PRODUCTS WHILE
> UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS.
> THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE!
>
> Update Prereq not available
>
> Systems-Management_Application_DT30R_LN64_2.5_A00 could not be installed
> Done! Please run 'dsu --inventory' to check the inventory
> Exiting DSU!
> -------------------
>
> So it sees an update, but can't install it.  If there's a missing
> prerequisite shouldn't it let me know that that is so I can solve it and
> get this update?
>
> --
> *Stephen Berg*
> Systems Administrator
> NRL Code: 7320
> Office: 228-688-5738
> stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
> NRL Logo

Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group
ComicSans Awareness Campaign <http://comicsanscriminal.com>