[Linux-PowerEdge] DSU fails again...

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Aug 2 05:07:39 CDT 2017

Anyone else seeing this?  R730xd running SciLinux 7.3, ran DSU, I see
the following (trimmed the output to save space):
-------------------
Fetching invcol_M18HC_LN64_17.06.000.1171_A00 ...

[ ]8 OpenManage | iDRAC Service Module
Current Version : 0 Upgrade to : 2.5

Fetching Systems-Management_Application_DT30R_LN64_2.5_A00 ...
Installing Systems-Management_Application_DT30R_LN64_2.5_A00
OpenManage || iDRAC Service Module

No version of this Update Package is currently installed.
Software application name: OpenManage | iDRAC Service Module
Package version: 2.5

Executing update...
WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL PRODUCTS WHILE
UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS.
THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE!

Update Prereq not available

Systems-Management_Application_DT30R_LN64_2.5_A00 could not be installed
Done! Please run 'dsu --inventory' to check the inventory
Exiting DSU!

So it sees an update, but can't install it.  If there's a missing
prerequisite shouldn't it let me know that that is so I can solve it and
get this update?

--
*Stephen Berg*
Systems Administrator