[Linux-PowerEdge] Different status report between OMSA and iDRAC

Chandrasekhar_R at Dell.com Chandrasekhar_R at Dell.com
Thu Sep 29 22:01:10 CDT 2016

Hello Davide,

Can you please get the SMBIOS dump from that server you are observing this issue?
Please run  "dmidecode" command on CentOS to get the SMBIOS dump.

Regards

Chandra

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:50:11 +0200
From: Davide Ferrari
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] Different status report between OMSA and
iDRAC
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com

Hello,

I have a PowerEdge R730xd that is reporting, according to OMSA 8.3 0 installed on CentOS 7.2, a faulty DIMM in slot A1. The same slot it's completely OK according to io the internal iDRAC Enterprise.
Moreover, I had the DIMM replaced, iit was OK in iDRAC and faulty in OMSA before replacing it and after replacing it it's exactly the same.

Who should I trust? How can I check this?

Thanks

--
Davide Ferrari
Senior Systems Engineer

End of Linux-PowerEdge Digest, Vol 148, Issue 18