[Linux-PowerEdge] Difficult to find T430 parts...

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri Sep 23 13:38:49 CDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I just got a very recent T430 for home use (replaced an aging T410).
This server was previously racked and was ordered as such. This means it
is missing the top cover and its feet.

I'm operating this server non-racked from a room in my appartment.
I tried to contact Dell to purchase the server's top cover (to protect it)
and its pedestal stands but I was told that Dell couldn't sell these parts
to me because 'they are not for sale after point of sale'.

Any ideas?
Does anyone know if a T420 top cover and/or stands would work?

Thanks,

Vincent