[Linux-PowerEdge] PowerEdge R210ii, Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, and iDRAC6/IPMI

Peter Williams peter at newton.cx
Tue Sep 13 12:15:52 CDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-13 at 13:21 -0300, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> On 09/13/2016 12:46 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> > Thanks! If I'm interpreting you correctly, it sounds like I *must*
> > to have some kind of VLAN tagging set up in order for network
> > access to work on a shared iDRAC/host Ethernet port?
>
> You don't need a vlan. We run some iDRAC 6 Expresses without vlan
> tagging. Is your server currently on a trunk or access port?

I *think* access port, but am not completely sure.

> I believe nic1 is just the first port of the onboard Broadcom.

That does seem more plausible to me. But the BIOS configuration screen
refers to LOMs and NICs right next to each other, which suggests to me
that they're different concepts, and it seems to me that LOM1 and LOM2
pretty clearly refer to the two different ports.

Peter