[Linux-PowerEdge] PowerEdge R210ii, Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, and iDRAC6/IPMI

Peter Williams peter at newton.cx
Tue Sep 13 10:21:07 CDT 2016

(Apologies for the double-post earlier.)

As often happens, I did some more googling and made progress: I needed
to install an extra package (srcadmin-hapi) and start some servers
before I could successfully use racadm [as documented here: http://list
s.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2012-January/045819.html ].

So now hopefully I can make some more progress on being able to access
this thing over the network -- I can't even ping it right now. So my
previous question remains: do I need to do anything special to enable
the NIC "teaming" referred to by the documentation?

Thanks,

Peter