[Linux-PowerEdge] what is the Consistency check error message look like?

Robert Jacobson teridon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 11:36:06 CDT 2016

I think I said before that I do get emails for the results -- but I don't
find emails for successful consistency checks useful.  I simply have too
many emails to go through to have to read every one of them carefully for
errors.  This is why we have automation!

In any case, I found a couple places where all the possible alerts are
defined:

http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/19/dell-opnmang-sw-v8.2/messages-r
eference-guide-v3/Event-ID-%E2%80%94-2085?guid=GUID-C2DE4234-02E9-481B-921B-
8F1AE526AD14&lang=en-us

Or on a linux server with OMSA installed -- in the HTML files in :
/opt/dell/srvadmin/lib64/openmanage/apache-tomcat/webapps/omsa/help/hip/en/m
essageguide

It looks like the Event ID is the same on both Windows and Linux, so I
should be able to use that to filter them.  But the forum post I linked
earlier is incomplete; there are more failure modes than the 4 listed on
that page.

I extracted all the text messages and event IDs from the HTML; any error
descriptions mentioning "consistency" are below.

Event ID - 2058
Virtual disk check consistency started

Event ID - 2114
A consistency check on a virtual disk has been paused (suspended)

Event ID - 2343
The Check Consistency logging of inconsistent parity data is disabled

Event ID - 2397
The Check Consistency completed with uncorrectable errors

Event ID - 2076
Virtual disk Check Consistency failed

Event ID - 2115
A consistency check on a virtual disk has been resumed

Event ID - 2235
The Check Consistency rate has changed

Event ID - 2342
The Check Consistency found inconsistent parity data. Data redundancy
may be lost

Event ID - 2341
The Check Consistency made corrections and completed

Event ID - 2192
The virtual disk Check Consistency has made corrections and completed

Event ID - 2067
Virtual disk check consistency cancelled

Event ID - 2340
The BGI completed with uncorrectable errors

Event ID - 2223
Abort Check Consistency on Error, Replace Member Operation and
Loadbalance changed

Event ID - 2227
Abort Check Consistency on Error, Replace Member Operation and
Auto Replace Member Operation on Predictive Failure changed

Event ID - 2225
Abort Check Consistency on Error and Load balance changed

Event ID - 2219
Abort Check Consistency on Error, Replace Member Operation, Auto
Replace Member Operation on Predictive Failure and Loadbalance changed

Event ID - 2229
Abort Check Consistency on Error and Auto Replace Member Operation
on Predictive Failure changed

Event ID - 2237
Abort Check Consistency on Error modified

Event ID - 2048
Device failed

Event ID - 2085
Virtual disk check consistency completed

Event ID - 2231
Replace Member Operation and Abort Check Consistency on Error
changed

Event ID - 2417
There is an unrecoverable medium error detected on virtual disk

Event ID - 2396
The Check Consistency detected uncorrectable multiple medium errors