[Linux-PowerEdge] Inventory Collector file is corrupted

VENUGOPAL_P1 at Dell.com VENUGOPAL_P1 at Dell.com
Wed Sep 7 07:50:30 CDT 2016

Rich,

The inventory collector binary must have been corrupted due to which this behavior is observed.
Please delete the inventory collector present in /usr/libexec/dell_dup/ and run dsu again.

Ex:
# rm -f /usr/libexec/dell_dup/invcol_R22P1_LN64_16.05.00.697_A00

Thanks,
Venu

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Rich Sudlow
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:38 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] DSU problems...again

I'm having problems with dsu again - about 4 - 5 days ago it worked on a new R730xd but in the last 4 days all I get on other new R730xd  machines is

dsu
Verifying catalog installation ...
Installing catalog from repository ...
Fetching dsucatalog ...
Reading the catalog ...
Verifying inventory collector installation ...
Getting System Inventory ...
Could not parse the inventory

dsu seems to rarely work correctly -

Is this really a service that dell is offering? or just a summer intern project?

Should I expect this to work all the time? 7 x 24??

Thanks,

Rich

--
Rich Sudlow