[Linux-PowerEdge] centos/rhel and elrepo 4.7.x kernels = massive problem(s) on AMD PowerEdges

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 08:43:24 CDT 2016

hi fellow users-admins

I wonder if you by any chance use AMD powered PowerEdges and
might have also tried 4.7.x kernels (which I think are going
to be in next RHEL releases) ?
And if you do, then I wonder whether you've come across any
problems?

I with elrepo's 4.7.x kernel(s) hit a big problem, well -
big inasmuch as when/if this is not fixed before officially
this kernel gets into new OSes.
I get random hmm... hard/cold reboots! But even bigger issue
is that server(s) hangs/freezes and does not start.
I find my PE 815 with "System booting" on front panel and
nothing, no response, no keyboard no screen. Only power off
and start helps.

This seems really major and would be good if Dell tech team
look into it too.

regards
L.