[Linux-PowerEdge] Non-Dell drives on H730P?

George Beech george at stackoverflow.com
Tue Jun 21 08:56:52 CDT 2016

The 730Ps wont limit yhe drives you have. We have Samsung, intel, wd drives
hooked up all over.

The one thing I be wary of is putting a 730P into an 11th gen server. They
have changed a lot of things between then and now, and the raid cards are
highly dependant on the system architecture. I've seen a bunch of strange
issues putting 13g cards in 12g servers. So I'd reccomend caution there.