[Linux-PowerEdge] PowerEdge R715 memory upgrade question

Łukasz Zygmański vins at umk.pl
Thu Aug 25 08:28:30 CDT 2016

Hi,

Yes, that is true, but the thing is that we have AMD Opteron(tm)
Processor 6380 on our R715 (System revision II) and according to the
article: http://www.dell.com/Support/Article/us/en/04/SLN155889:
"they can utilize LRDIMMs" and "For higher memory capacity and speed
quad rank LRDIMMs of 16GB and 32GB are supported and run at 1.5V", however
"PowerEdge R715, R815 and M915 can be upgraded as long as the bios is
updated but will not support all the features of newest memory types
(LRDIMMs and 1600MHz RDIMMs)".

But still if I am reading this correctly the upgrade to LRDIMMs should
be possible, right?

Best regards
Lukasz Zygmanski