[Linux-PowerEdge] dsu 1.3-16.08.00

Soorej_Ponnandi at Dell.com Soorej_Ponnandi at Dell.com
Thu Aug 25 06:16:09 CDT 2016

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Stephan,

	The option --collect-inventory takes inventory xml (here /root/inventory.xml) as an input. For this we need an existing inventory collector output (Inventory.xml). Inventory output can be obtained by executing inventory collector
		 "<inv-col-binary> -outc=/root/inventory.xml"

	To get inventory collector binary from DSU repository, do the following:
		1.  yum search invcol
		2.  yum install <resulting-invcol from above command>
		3.  invcol binary will be in /usr/libexec/dell_dup/
		4) execute inventory collector binary with -outc option (example:- /usr/libexec/dell_dup/invcol_R22P1_LN64_16.05.00.697_A00 -outc=/root/inventory.xml)

Soorej Ponnandi
Dell | Change Management
office +  91 80 2807 7759 Extn: 78469

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Stephen Berg (Contractor)
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:25 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] dsu 1.3-16.08.00

Been trying to get "dsu --collect-inventory=/root/inventory.xml" working and so far the dozen or so systems I've tested all fail with:

# dsu --collect-inventory=/root/inventory.xml
Verifying catalog installation ...
Installing catalog from repository ...
Fetching dsucatalog ...
Reading the catalog ...
Could not parse the inventory

Is this feature supposed to be working now or have I missed a setup step somewhere along the way?

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil