[Linux-PowerEdge] Missing EDAC support for Intel Haswell devices

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 05:29:58 CDT 2016

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016, Paul Menzel wrote:

>>  BMC supports all it needs to support, so fault reports will be reported
>>  via DRAC / esmlog, no?
>
> That’s the first time I hear about esmlog. How do I install it?

AFAIK OMSA catches messages about ECC errors and reports them itself.  That
can get picked up by anything you use to monitor OMSA, and you can get full
details out of the ESM log.

>>  What are you actually missing out on due to this lack of support?
>
> To use the standard utilities, I am used to.

On Dells I just monitor OMSA via Nagios, which catches a multitude of sins.

jh

--
John Hodrien
Faculty of Engineering, IT