[Linux-PowerEdge] Mixing speed - 15k and 7, 5k RPMs SAS HDD in the same raid5 array

huret deffgok kadafax at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:58:10 CDT 2016

Thank you all for your responses on and off list !
The short answer is:
Yes it's possible to mix different HDD speeds, but the server may
experience some micro-freezes when the different caches flush out.
In this particular case, the time to wait for a true replacement HDD was
too long and I feared a second HDD failure on the RAID5 array. So I needed
to put a HDD in as soon as possible.

Have a nice day,
kfx