[Linux-PowerEdge] [SUSPECT SPAM] proc err

Dan Young dan at prowebassociates.com
Tue Aug 9 09:34:54 CDT 2016

Hi

Getting proc err on both processors on an old 2850 does let me reboot
most times
but locking couple times a day.

I'm configuring a new server would like to swap coming weekend &
wondering if it
is possible to disable a processor in the bios. Anything which may help
it get
to the weekend.

Have upgraded bios and BMC pretty sure it is a motherboard or processor
issue.
Thinking if proc & I could disable right one may be a fix til swap servers.

Any ideas to help it limp home would be appreciated. It can freeze at
any point while live in boot
pretty much whenever it feels like it.

Thanks,
Dan