[Linux-PowerEdge] Need help with botched firmware update

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 2 05:00:12 CDT 2016

 Thanks to all who replied. Server is back in production.

 I did power-cycle after the upgrade, but it looks like it wasn't enough. After on-site staff replaced the PCIe NIC card, everything started working again. At this point, I still do not know whether they removed power, but with Josh's comment, I presume they must have.

 We are aware of and have used the box.com images in the past. Very handy.

 NIC models are Intel(R) Gigabit 4P X540/I350 and Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 4P X540/I350, i.e. the quad-port daughter card. Version prior to updating was 14.0.12, now 17.5.10.