[Linux-PowerEdge] SSDs for M600

Diederick Stoffers d.stoffers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:14:46 CDT 2015

Hi,

I’l like to repurpose two older M600 blades to function as gridmaster and slavemaster in a Sun of Grid Engine compute grid. Ill be sharing /opt/sge over NFS4 to all other nodes. I’d like to make sure their I/O is up to par for this job. Can (enterprise) SSDs be fitted in an M600 blade? I was thinking of getting Samsung 845DC EVO (probably don’t need the better write performance of 845DC PRO due to 3Gbps limit on the SAS 6/iR SAS controller).

Thanks,

Diederick