[Linux-PowerEdge] way to check whether bmc (idrac) is using dedicated vs shared connection??

Stefan M. Radman smr at kmi.com
Sun Dec 13 15:31:05 CST 2015

Hi Rich,

You should be able to do this with OpenIPMI and ipmitool

	# yum install OpenIPMI ipmitool
	# service OpenIPMI start
	# chkconfig OpenIPMI on
	# ipmitool delloem lan get

See man ipmitool and this Dell white paper for more

	Overview of Dell Embedded Systems Management Using IPMI
	http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20441100

Stefan