[Linux-PowerEdge] XPath error : Invalid type

Zurd zurd33 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 23:04:17 CDT 2014

I installed OMSA on many servers, all running great, except one.

Running "omreport chassis biossetup" will give me:
XPath error : Invalid type
xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 objects left on the stack.
BIOS Setup

General

We're missing a lot of information from this command, there shouldn't by
any error. Only thing I found is this guy here in 2010 who has the same
problem, no answer:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2010-July/042653.html

Installed on this server is:
libxml2-2.7.6-14.e16_5.1.i686
libxml2-2.7.6-14.e16_5.1.x86_64

Running CentOS SHMZ release 6.5 (Final)

The command
/opt/dell/srvadmin/bin/omreport
is a link to
/opt/dell/srvadmin/bin/omreport/stdcliproxy which is a BASH script that
points to
/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/omcliproxy but this last one is a LSB executable so
I can't troubleshoot this any further.