[Linux-PowerEdge] Storange power/performance throttling (by iDRAC or CMC?) on M620

Linda A. Walsh dell at tlinx.org
Mon Jul 28 20:35:39 CDT 2014

Fumihito Yoshida wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I met some problem of PEM620 storange performance limitation,
> suspected module are iDRAC/CMC power control functions.

----
Had a similar problem with a PE 610 -- had to buy a larger power supply.

I upgraded some firmware for the iDRAC and all of a sudden my
system didn't have enough power for it's config.  Was forced to upgrade
power
supply from dual 540's to dual 870's...

System still only uses in the mid-low 200's, but about 30W more with
the less efficient, higher capacity power supply.