[Linux-PowerEdge] omsa repo url 404, package dirs gone too

Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com
Mon Jul 21 09:09:19 CDT 2014

http please, not https. There isn’t anything on these repos (or on all of linux.dell.com) that needs to be protected or encrypted.

How did you get to this https URL? https was turned off a few weeks ago as it was not needed, so if you got this URL from another Dell site, we’ll work on correcting it.

Jose De la Rosa
Linux Engineering
Dell | Enterprise Solutions Group
office +1 512 724 7150

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Sabuj Pattanayek
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:34 PM
To: Alain Péan
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] omsa repo url 404, package dirs gone too

yup, i looked at the google search result and it didn't have https embedded in the forwarding url, looks like it was just https everywhere

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Alain Péan <alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr<mailto:alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr>> wrote:
Le 19/07/2014 19:14, Sabuj Pattanayek a écrit :
> what happened to?
>
> https://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/omsa.html
>
> it's giving a 404 . This is gone too (from
>  /etc/yum.repos.d/dell-omsa-repository.repo) :
>
> https://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_7.4.0/
The links you provide seems wrong, Dell site is not on https, but http
only (I did not remember it was ever https...). Try this :
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_7.4.0/

Alain