[Linux-PowerEdge] ipmitool says Get Auth Capabilities command failed - was: Showing errror

Alexandre Kouznetsov alk at ondore.com
Thu Jul 3 14:32:23 CDT 2014

Hello.

El 03/07/14 13:43, Dinesh Nath escribió:
> when iam executing command ipmitool -v -H <ip of ipmi> -U username -P
> password chassis power status then it is showing as error:Get Auth
> Capabilities command failed

Consider specifying the interface to use to connect to your BMC:

ipmitool -v -I lan -H <ip of ipmi> -U username -P password \
   chassis power status

...or...

ipmitool -v -I lanplus -H <ip of ipmi> -U username -P password \
   chassis power status

What is the server model you are trying to connect to?
What is the OS on which you are running the ipmitool command and what is
the ipmitool's version?

Can you post the full output of the command you run?

Also, consider checking if some historic solution work for you:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2007-August/032915.html

Is the LAN access set to on on the BMC controller?
Are you trying to run ipmitool on the same server?
Can you ping <ip of ipmi>?

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov