[Linux-PowerEdge] R520 Lifecycle Controller

Anton_Thomas at Dell.com Anton_Thomas at Dell.com
Thu Aug 28 23:27:49 CDT 2014

Hi Philip,

            Yes it is a standard feature in 11G however there has been some more advanced features added in the 12G and it has become like a one-stop-shop for your system BIOS, RAID BIOS, and iDRAC BIOS.

Thanks and regards,
Anton Thomas

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Philip Tait
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 9:45 AM
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] R520 Lifecycle Controller

All of the R710s I work with have Lifecycle Controllers. Was this not a standard feature on 11G Poweredge?

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 6:08 PM, <Anton_Thomas at dell.com<mailto:Anton_Thomas at dell.com>> wrote:
Hi Adam,

        As you have guessed, yes, the Lifecycle Controller ( LCC ) is the new name for the entire set of software components and features that are provided by the USC.

In order to provide new and robust server management capabilities, the USC- LCE( Lifecycle Controller Enabled ) software has been enhanced to include additional remote services functionality. Since this addition allows for a comprehensive approach to server management, the entire set of software components is now called the Lifecycle Controller.

You can find the required documentation for LCC in http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dell-lifecycle-cntrler-2-rel-v1.1-rs/manuals

Thanks and regards,
Anton Thomas