[Linux-PowerEdge] R520 Lifecycle Controller

Anton_Thomas at Dell.com Anton_Thomas at Dell.com
Thu Aug 28 23:08:35 CDT 2014

Hi Adam,

	As you have guessed, yes, the Lifecycle Controller ( LCC ) is the new name for the entire set of software components and features that are provided by the USC.

In order to provide new and robust server management capabilities, the USC- LCE( Lifecycle Controller Enabled ) software has been enhanced to include additional remote services functionality. Since this addition allows for a comprehensive approach to server management, the entire set of software components is now called the Lifecycle Controller.

You can find the required documentation for LCC in http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dell-lifecycle-cntrler-2-rel-v1.1-rs/manuals

Thanks and regards,
Anton Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Adam Williams
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 2:55 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] R520 Lifecycle Controller

I just got my first PowerEdge R520 in after using R710's for several years.  Whats the Lifecycle Controller about?  Is that Dell's term for the UEFI bios?  It appears that the iDRAC Enterprise is also configured through it instead of a separate ctrl-key combination.  I Google'd but didn't find much in the way of "Whats new (or should know about) in the Lifecycle Controllers."  Anyone have any experience with the Life Cycle controller and tell me what I should know about it?