[Linux-PowerEdge] R520 Lifecycle Controller

Adam Williams adam_williams at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 28 16:24:45 CDT 2014

I just got my first PowerEdge R520 in after using R710's for several
years.  Whats the Lifecycle Controller about?  Is that Dell's term for
the UEFI bios?  It appears that the iDRAC Enterprise is also configured
through it instead of a separate ctrl-key combination.  I Google'd but
didn't find much in the way of "Whats new (or should know about) in the
Lifecycle Controllers."  Anyone have any experience with the Life Cycle
controller and tell me what I should know about it?