[Linux-PowerEdge] RAC0207: Certificate upload failed. (Stefan M. Radman)

Spike_White at Dell.com Spike_White at Dell.com
Thu Aug 28 13:12:27 CDT 2014

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Stefan,

I recently had to update my SSL cert enterprise-wide on > 4,000 DRACs.    It was a mixture of DRAC4's, 5's, 6's and 7's.

Consistently, I'd get the error:

     SSL certificate upload failed.

I know I got that error on DRAC 4's and 5's; don't remember if I got on 6's and 7's.

But after I did the racadm racreset and waited the requisite 60 seconds for the DRACs to reset, I found that in fact the SSL cert upload was successful.  On all models of DRACs and iDRACs.

That error message was just a bogus error message.

I realize I'm talking about SSL certs for the web interface.  And you're talking about SSH RSA pub/private keys for ssh login.  But have you tried a racadm reset afterwards to see if your upload did indeed take?  And if this was just a bogus error message?

Spike

Message: 1