[Linux-PowerEdge] access powerconnect serial port from linux

Jonathan jonathan at schwarzelan.de
Wed Aug 6 05:32:25 CDT 2014

Hi G.,

I'm using minicom on Fedora/CentOS to connect to a number of PowerConnects
(number of 62xx and 81xx (or N4000 as they are now called)),
and it works just fine!

Settings:

I+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| A -    Serial Device      : /dev/ttyS0                                |
| B - Lockfile Location     : /var/lock                                 |
| C -   Callin Program      :                                           |
| D -  Callout Program      :                                           |
| E -    Bps/Par/Bits       : 9600 8N1                                  |
| F - Hardware Flow Control : No                                        |
| G - Software Flow Control : No                                        |

Only about once a month, when running 'show running-config' the listing
will fail,
but that's due to the powerconnect-OS somehow crashing, and happens on any
line (Serial, SSH,...)

Best
-Jonathan