[Linux-PowerEdge] Trouble with new Live OMSA 7.3 PXE Images

Phil Gardner phil.gardnerjr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:59:19 CDT 2013

Has anyone been able to get the new OMSA 7.3 Live PXE images
(http://linux.dell.com/files/openmanage-contributions/om73-firmware-live/)
to boot properly?

Right after the kernel/initrd are loaded, some errors appear on the
console about not being able to load the file modules.dep from the
previous Live OMSA release's kernel (Cent 6.3, kernel 2.6.32-279). It
then goes on to complain about not being able to get an IP for the NIC
(this is after the default PXE menu.

I verified the md5sums, though I'm not sure what else to look for. I was
just thinking since it is complaining about not being able to load
something from the same version as the previous release that maybe
someone forgot to update the ramdisk image.

FWIW, the Live DVD seems to boot fine, albeit with an unnecessary GUI ;)