[Linux-PowerEdge] Monitor disk status by snmp on iDrac 6&7

Robert Jacobson teridon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 08:20:25 CDT 2013

I find SNMP with Dell systems confusing -- it can be hard to tell if the
SNMP information you want is available from OMSA, or the iDRAC, or both.

I don't understand why Dell doesn't just have a central download site for
all things OMSA and iDRAC.  The support site is a labyrinth of amazing
proportions.

Anyway, the ...10892.. OID is from OMSA; you can download those from the
support page for your service tag, e.g.:
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/04/Servicetag/XXXXXXX
(where "XXXXXXX" is your service tag -- or the service tag of any hardware
of the same model)
Then go to the "Drivers & Downloads" tab, expand all (or just expand the
Systems Management section) and use your browser to search for "MIBs"

You can also look at the MIBS on the server itself; on Linux they would be
in
/opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/srvadmin-*/
(they aren't all in one directory -- and for some reason you get more MIBs
in the support site download then you'll find on the system!)

These MIBs are documented in the PDF Reference Guide for the version of
OMSA you're running from here:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/

e.g. for OMSA 7.2:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/dell-opnmang-srvr-admin-v7.2_Reference%20Guide3_en-us.pdf

HTH,
Rob