[Linux-PowerEdge] Accessing BMC or iDRAC when server is off.

Mauro Antivero mauro.antivero at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:54:07 CDT 2013

Hello to all... I can't believe what happened to me...

As I say in previous e-mails the BMS doesn't responds pings and
obviouslly I can't run remote commands via ipmitool... Well, after
months of this situation today I think: "What if I remove the power cord
from the server". The server has been shut down many times, but the
power cord has never been removed.

Well, I just did this and now the BMC responds pings and I can excecute
remote commands via ipmitool again!

Thanks a lot for your support!

PD: I need to watch more "The IT Crowd", obviously "turning off and on
again" is not in my mind yet.

Regards, Mauro.