[Linux-PowerEdge] Degradated array configuration

Mauro Antivero mauro.antivero at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 03:14:56 CDT 2013

El 18/09/13 22:01, cupertino escribió:
> You could create a RAID1 and remove one HDD which will result in a
> degraded RAID. The same (removed) HDD can then be used together with
> your 3rd HDD to create the 2nd RAID1. (Might be necessary to clear all
> config from removed HDD before it can be used for a new RAID.)
Yes, but the problem is that at the moment I don't have another 2 TB
disk. I currently have:

2 x 1 TB disks in RAID 1
1 x 2 TB disks with no raid

So, If I use one of the 1 TB disk with the 2 TB disk to create an array
1 configuration the virtual disk will be only 1 TB.

What I'm going to do is install the system (Debian Wheezy) without the
TB disk. Is really a shame but is the only thing that I can do for the
moment.

I think that the "create degradated array" (as in Linux with mdadm) will
be an excelente feature. In fact I can't believe that a hardware RAID
controller does not have this feature.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.

Mauro.