[Linux-PowerEdge] Degradated array configuration

Mauro Antivero mauro.antivero at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:59:35 CDT 2013

El 18/09/13 18:18, Supporto Tecnico - Crazy Network escribió:
> Dont you have a iDRAC or OMSA on your system?
This R410 has iDRAC, but yet I don't know how to use it. The R310 has
OMSA installed but yet I don't use it.

Thanks for the data! I will read about it.

But one more question:

In the Bios config utility manual says that when a new volume is created
the data in all disk of thta volume will be loss! So I can't create a
new volume if the disk has some important data.

This surprises me because in Linux you can configure a degradated array
and later add another disk to that RAID. Do you sat that the same
funcionallity can be obtained with OMSA and iDRAC?

Thanks a lot and regards.

Mauro.